So, yesterday was post number 500 here. Now what?
I have been able to take the Slice of Life Challenge for eight years now. I am so thankful for that opportunity, made possible by Two Writing Teachers. The act of writing has strengthened and encouraged me in so many ways. It’s a great habit to write every day.
But even though I have the BEST intentions, my daily writing ceases after March. Every year. I want to keep it up, but I just don’t.
Perhaps it is too ambitious to to publish a piece every day. Perhaps there is a better way to continue writing – successfully.
I have been pondering this dilemma, and I have come up with a plan. (Here we go again…) But I think this MIGHT be one I can stick with.
- Write something every day.
- Determine to publish two posts each week. An original one for the Two Writing Teachers Tuesday challenge, and, on Friday or Saturday, a revised version of one of the many quick writes I have posted along the way.
- Respond to the comments I have received on my writing pieces. As much as I enjoy and learn from these, I seldom reply. Now I can go back through these and express my thanks, at the very least.
- Comment more on others’ writing. I have developed a list of writers who “speak to me” in their posts, and I want to visit their sites more regularly and interact with their wonderful words.
- Organize my posts. I have never used tags, and it is time for that to be done!
- Evaluate my dream of publishing a book and decide 1) if I truly want to, and if yes, 2) how to get that done.
To make these ideas work, I will need to spend time writing each day. Not publishing a post every 24 hours, but carrying through with a writing activity with regularity.
I am putting this here to remind myself of these ideas and plans. And I welcome any suggestions that YOU might have, dear readers.
Wish me luck!