We are starting to plan some upgrades and possible additions to our cabin at the lake. Our first step in this process will be making a comprehensive list of all the things we already love about the property. And there are many!
With my writing I am going to try to be more consistent after this month of challenge and growth is over. I have said I wanted to do this before… with INconsistent results. But before I make my plan to move forward with my writing, I want to stop and list the things I already love about what I have done. And there are many!
- This is the eighth year that I have participated in Two Writing Teachers’ SOLC in March. Eight Years!
- Some stories of important family history for my children and grandchildren to remember are now written down for them to keep.
- On occasion, I have found just the right words, phrases, and cadences that make hearts smile.
- I have become so much more cognizant of the beautiful world around me.
- Connections that I have made between small daily occurrences and larger life lessons have enriched my thoughts.
- Some amazing writers have crossed my path and I have been awed by their work.
- When I publish this piece I will have 500 posts here on fireflytrails. 500!!
I have said many times that writing makes me more of the person that I long to be, closer to who I am meant to become. So I have been thinking of ways that I can continue to write more consistently and live a more writerly life.
That post comes tomorrow. Today, for #500, I am celebrating all the worthwhile and fulfilling ways that writing has made my life more complete.
And I am thankful!