There is so much to like in this photo. I keep being drawn back to it.
- The geometric design is endlessly fascinating. Circles, squares, triangles. Beside, between, and among. Woven together in a satisfyingly symmetrical pattern.
- A compass that points out, but draws you to its center.
- The overall intransient permanence and stability, yet with tiny shapes that suggest a sense of orderly, continual movement and activity.
- The colors of primarily shades of blues and browns. Complimentary and contrasting as well.
- Defining lines of brighter colors pop.
- Those separate spaces in the somewhat equal shadows that are alike and different at the same time.
- Hundreds of fuzzy dashes and short strokes that create the realization of living but dormant plant life.
- The light – the LIGHT!– creeping in with highlights and silhouettes, adding clarity and focus, hinting of a new day dawning and busier times ahead.
- The stillness and tranquility of this present moment in time.
- Because I know and love this place, the heightened viewpoint makes me think differently and ponder a different perspective.
Can you see it? Are you curious?
The photo itself is in the previous post. Perhaps the picture will be worth a thousand words.
Hopefully these parts, made of words, are at least a suggestion of the photo’s perfect whole.