Some days are meant for writing – and others are meant for living, and noticing, and pondering. Then the words come later on.
Today was an “other” day. A blessed day filled with so many wonderful things. Good fodder for future stories. Lots of things to think about.
- beautiful sunshiney weather after a long season of wet and cold
- the baptism of our grandson
- a healthy, well-behaved little one
- singing How Great Thou Art at church, reminding me of the life and influence of Billy Graham
- sweet words and hugs from friends
- the gathering of our small family to celebrate together
- a visit to a beautiful historic home that’s never been on tour before in our heritage-minded community
- the funeral of a precious woman, celebrating the home-going of a truly humble servant
- seeing old friends and mentors, such influential people in the lives of our children and in our lives too
- a walk through the neighborhood, noticing so many signs of spring
So many things for which to be thankful. Reflecting on joy.