- Did I tell you I found a picture of you from when you were little the other day? You were making a goofy face and it made me smile.
- Did I tell you that your middle school English teacher asked about you? He said he still remembered your class fondly (really?) and he said to tell you hello.
- Did I tell you I found those buttons the other day that I wore at your football and basketball games? I was so proud for people to know that “Number 66 is my child.” You have such athletic talent and heart, I hope you keep putting that to good use throughout your life.
- Did I tell you that I saw some “big guy” carrying two children the other day and it reminded me of the work you did for the church childcare? I know those kids loved crawling all over you.
- Did I tell you that the Mack’s Prairie Wings catalog came today? I bet you are already looking forward to duck season. How a sleepyhead like you can get up so early to hunt is a puzzle to me.
- Did I tell you how many times we have watched and laughed at Duck Dynasty? Thank you for showing it to us, along with other TV shows and music, too.
- Did I tell you that I appreciated your bringing movies for us to watch the last time you came home? I’m sorry we never got around to watching them – please bring them again the next time.
- Did I tell you how proud I am for all the hard physical work you are doing this summer? Outside in the heat, we know that has to be tough.
- Did I tell you how we noticed that you are so upbeat when we talk to you after work? Even when you are so tired – you must really be enjoying it.
- Did I tell you how I really do like your shaved head? Even though I thought I wanted you to let your hair grow.
- Did I tell you that I think I know how bad it hurts when a person whom you believe is someone special turns out not to be? And did I say how proud of you I am that you took the high road and did all the right things?
- Did I tell you how I miss your voice when you don’t call for a few days? Texting just isn’t quite the same – but don’t stop that! It’s always good to hear from you.
- Did I tell you that the neighbors complimented our driveway that you cleaned? Your painting and mulching and other jobs have really made a difference around here.
- Did I tell you that we are so proud of you for choosing a hard major and for sticking with all the work it requires? We know it will be worth it when you are able to work in a job that fits who you are, one that you love.
- Did I tell you that I always think of you when I see a good-looking truck? You have waited (patiently?) for a new one for a long time, and it will be awesome when you finally get it.
- Did I tell you I think about you when you are traveling? Please be safe.
- Did I tell you that our friend’s daughter had an accident? My heart goes out to them and I pray for God to take care of her. And selfishly I can’t help but think about you, too.
- Did I tell you that I still worry about you even though you are so grown up? I guess we always will.
Did I tell you that you mean the world to us?
You have told us (and showed us) so many important things yourself.
We love you,
Mom and Dad